2021 African Access to Justice Women’s Fellowship
Terms and Conditions
- The person applying for the Fellowship (‘the Applicant’) commits to implementing her project, should she be a winner of the Fellowship. If the Applicant is not actually able to implement her Project after being nominated as a fellow for whatever reason, she agrees to return the prize money to International Bridges to Justice (‘IBJ’) immediately on the request of IBJ.
- The Applicant confirms that the Project she is proposing is original and genuine. By agreeing to these Terms, the Applicant confirms that she has not copied an idea from another person or Applicant.
- Project ideas should develop an AA2J Network chapter and provide pro bono legal aid to women and girls in conflict with the law as identified in the application.
- Project ideas should be implemented with due respect to all domestic laws, rules and regulations.
- Project ideas should not compromise the safety or security of the Applicant or her family, colleagues or friends; the safety or security of any target group or their families; or the safety or security of any government officials or civil servants.
- Project ideas should not compromise the present employment or livelihood of the Applicant. By agreeing to these Terms, the Applicant confirms that she would be able to undertake her project, if chosen as a winning idea, without having to give up her current employment or livelihood.
- By agreeing to these terms, the applicant releases, waives and discharges IBJ, its agents, partners and employees from all liability to the applicant, her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, for all loss or damage and any claims or demands thereof, including attorney fees, on account of injury to herself or her property, whether caused by the negligence of IBJ, its agents, partners and employees, or otherwise, which she may experience or sustain arising directly or indirectly out of her participation in this Fellowship or the AA2J Network.
- Further, by agreeing to these terms, the applicant indemnifies, defends and holds harmless IBJ, its agents, partners and employees and all persons, including but not limited to other participants and judges in the Fellowship, from any and all claims and costs arising directly or indirectly out of any of her activities, acts and/or omissions, which are concerned with her participation in this Fellowship or the AA2J Network.