What you can do
You can become a Justice Advocate and contribute to the cause!
As a Justice Advocate, there are several activities you can undertake under the IBJ Youth Initiative. Whichever activities you choose, your contribution is crucial in the fight to free children from prison:
Start your own Youth Chapter
How to start a Youth Chapter?
Starting a Youth Chapter is easy, free and fun!
Are you supportive of IBJ’s cause? And do you want to free children from prison and stop torture as an investigative tool?
Are you motivated in becoming an international leader?
Are you creative and willing to take risks?
Do you want to meet international youth all around the world?
Then we are looking for YOU!
Who can join?
Join the IBJ Youth Network and form your own chapter individually, or with friends from school, university or your local community!
What can Youth Chapters do?
Youth Chapters can campaign, raise awareness, fundraise and connect with a global network of youth committed to improving juvenile access to justice.
You can become involved in the IBJ Youth Initiative in 3 ways
- by applying as an individual Justice Advocate,
- by creating a Youth Chapter with friends, or
- by applying to join an existing Youth Chapter.
Do you want to learn more? Below, you can download the IBJ Youth Initiative toolkits!
If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at email@example.com.
After completing your application, IBJ will review it and send you an email confirmation of your registration as a Justice Advocate. You will then receive supporting materials that will serve as a guide for your work as a Justice Advocate.
Once you become a Justice Advocate:
- You are expected to complete at least 3 activities, examples of which are detailed in the Toolkit.
- At the end of the initiative, you will submit a report detailing your program to the IBJ Youth Initiative Coordinator.
- IBJ will then send you a certificate of recognition, which you can add to your CV/resumé!
The most important things that YOU as a Justice Advocate will learn:
- To take the first step towards a different world
- To believe in your abilities
- To share IBJ’s vision with others
- To raise awareness
- How to inspire people to join IBJ’s cause
- How to become a spokesperson for IBJ
Youth Justice Advocates Around the World
To give you an idea, here are some projects of Youth Advocates Around the World:
A Comic Strip for the Rights of Children, DR Congo
In 2022, Youth in DR Congo worked together with youth in Versoix to create a comic strip that tells the real story of a 15-year-old girl who got thrown into prison.
Read the whole comic here.
The Super Scholars, Geneva