Position: Country Director – IBJ Myanmar
IBJ is looking for a full time Country Director for its Myanmar Program. This person will be a public voice of legal aid, the over-all manager of a complex access to justice project with 5 sites and 30+ employees, develop training for staff and the legal profession and build dialogues with
justice sector actors.
Click on the link to find out more:
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: 1 year renewable contract
About International Bridges to Justice
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ), a nongovernmental, nonprofit organization with a presence in 42 counties around the world, seeks a Finance and Administration Officer to work out of IBJ’s newly established office in Jakarta, Indonesia. IBJ is dedicated to protecting the basic legal rights of individuals. Specifically, IBJ works to guarantee all individuals the right to competent legal representation, the right to be protected from cruel and unusual punishment, and the right to a fair trial.
IBJ is beginning a project in Indonesia to provide criminal legal aid services to poor and marginalized people and communities in collaboration with our local partner organizations.
The IBJ Finance and Administration Officer will manage the in-country financial and administrative aspects of IBJ’s program in collaboration with our local partner’s Finance Coordinator and Program Coordinator, with whom you will be sharing an office. The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for overall local financial accountability and grant compliance. In a professional, efficient, effective, and team-focused manner, the Finance and Administration Officer will facilitate robust financial management and accurate and timely accounting. In addition, the Finance and Administration Officer will assist with administrative tasks relating to the implementation of project activities.
Duties and Tasks
This position reports directly to the IBJ Country Manager in Indonesia and IBJ Director of Finance in Geneva. The position is based in Jakarta.
Management of grants and local budgets
- Ensure robust financial management and strengthen core operations system, local budget management system, and procedures.
- Manage overall finance and grants compliance in Indonesia.
- Implement standard operating procedures (including timesheets, salary payments, procurement, cash advances, inventory management, compliance to donor guidelines, etc.).
- Track expenditures, variances, and ensure accurate spending.
- Ensure that IBJ, LBH APIK, and partner organizations accurately record expenses and attribute expenses to the correct budget line items.
- Monitor funds, ensuring that the office maintains up-to-date records of expenditures and that the records comply with budget allocations and donor requirements.
Ensure IBJ Indonesia has a smooth-functioning and efficient finance system
- Compile and submit accurate and timely monthly financial reports to headquarters. Ensure that the reports meet contractual requirements of the donor. Prepare 6-month financial reports to donors.
- Provide information relating to fulfillment, payment initiation, and other financial matters.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial laws, such as taxation laws.
- Facilitate timely audit and responses to auditors in both the Geneva headquarters and local offices
- Manage the office petty cash, reconcile and replenish regularly;
Provide support on administrative tasks
- Support the Country Program Manager with administrative tasks relating to program implementation.
- Maintain a digital filing system.
- Assist with preparing procurement documents according to grant requirements (requesting quotations etc);
- Assist with travel logistics of oversees staff and local staff/partners for training events.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and appointments. Ensure appropriate communication, and assist with preparations for meetings.
- Managing contracts and price negotiations with vendors and service providers in accordance with the grant guidelines.
- Assist with preparing documents and printing materials for activities including training workshops and roundtables events.
- Assist with translation of documents between Bahasa and English.
- Assist with interpretation when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Indonesian national with experience establishing and running financial management systems.
- Relevant education – IAI or IAPI accredited would be preferred.
- Technology literate – must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and accounting software.
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience managing finances for NGOs that receive funding from international donors.
- Experience managing grants from the European Union or other major donors.
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in Bahasa and English.
- Strong “set up” and execution skills.
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with positive personality, who is capable of inspiring diverse stakeholders to collaborate.
- Proactive and capable of working independently.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Capable of efficiently identifying and solving problems.
To apply, please send a statement of interest and CV (including references) either email to: email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Design and Technology Officer (China Program) – DTO
Duration: 1 year renewable contract
About International Bridges to Justice
In recognition of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Bridges to Justice (IBJ) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to ensuring the basic legal rights of ordinary citizens throughout the world. Specifically, IBJ works to guarantee all citizens the right to competent legal representation, the right to be protected from cruel and unusual punishment, and the right to a fair trial. To this end, IBJ significantly supports and enhances the legal aid efforts of criminal defenders and the government to protect individual rights and to implement existing criminal laws through providing training partnerships, legal and administrative structural support, and materialassistance.
The IBJ Geneva Design and Technology Officer (China Program) will be primarily based out of IBJ’s headquarters in Geneva, working as a full-time employee for IBJ under the direction of International Program Director.
The DTO will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Redesigning and reformatting IBJ eLearning modules in Chinese;
- Translating, formatting and setting up new eLearning modules in Chinese;
- Review, redesign and consolidation of IBJ’s eLearning platform including data analysis and data visualization in Chinese and English;
- Partnership building and liaising with Governmental and other partners in China;
- Leading and coordinating organization of collaborative events with key justice, education and technology sectors in China;
- other technology, design and administrative tasks in English and Chinese.
The following qualifications and skills are required for this position:
- Advanced university degree in IT design and implementation;
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English – written and spoken;
- Proven record of developing and implementing graphic design;
- Experience in web design and data visualization;
- Project and time-management skills – able to develop clear program plans and manage multiple activities at the same time against set milestones;
- Knowledge of technology solutions that assist development of training resources for lawyers in providing early access to justice;
- Organizational and event planning experience;
- Experience in building collaborative partnerships.
The following are desired:
- Competence in using graphic design software;
- Experience in videography and video editing;
- Public speaking experience;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to adapt in real time to meet needs.
To apply, please send a statement of interest and CV (including references) either via email to Mr. Sanjeewa Liyanage, International Programs Director: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 27 November 2020.