International Bridges to Justice (IBJ) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to ensuring the basic legal rights of ordinary citizens in fragile or conflict-affected countries.
Specifically, IBJ works to guarantee the right to competent legal representation, the right to be protected from cruel and unusual punishment and the right to a fair trial for every man, women, and child.
IBJ Headquarters in Geneva is looking for a candidate with a background in accounting and finance who is also highly organized, enjoys telling stories with numbers, and is very proficient with Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with grant funding would be an asset. IBJ staff aim to create a work culture that is multicultural, friendly, challenging and rewarding.
Accounting and Finance Intern Responsibilities:
The intern will contribute to an ethical, efficient, and compliant team within IBJ and assist the Director of Finance and Administration in broad-based financial management responsibilities. The scope of work covers accounting and finances for our country programs as well as our Swiss and US entities.
Compliance with applicable financial laws, regulations and guidelines is expected at all times to uphold IBJ’s trust and credibility within the community. Example duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, maintain, and reconcile spreadsheets to monitor grant expenditure against budgets
• Analyze cash flows, forecasting grant proceeds and expenses
• Learn and apply frameworks for grant management
• Assist with expense payments/reimbursements and compliance with relevant policies
• Create reports of financial data, including ad hoc financial presentations to IBJ stakeholders
• Fluent oral and written English required
• French and any other IBJ country languages may be an asset
• The internship will take place at IBJ Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
• This is an unpaid internship; IBJ cannot offer remuneration for the position at this time
• Non-EU candidates are asked to prove institutionalized funding of at least CHF2600/month to qualify for a valid work permit per Swiss law
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.