Youth for Youth Justice (Y4Y) is a new initiative formed in 2019, that connects youth globally, improves juvenile access to justice, and fights to end the mass incarceration of children.
Youth are emerging as a powerful force in the global justice movement. We consistently demonstrate our affinity for awareness-raising and innovation and are uniquely positioned to blend new technologies and activism to expand access to justice. Through our social entrepreneurship Youth for Youth Justice Competition, partnerships with schools and universities and the law school pro-bono program we are unlocking the potential of young people around the world.
Our network strives to empower young people worldwide to create real change and combat injustice in their communities.
IBJ Youth have:
- Provided 258 minors with psychological, social and legal support
- Formed 31 Youth Clubs on Juvenile justice in 12 countries
- Organized 36 workshops and conferences
- Gained the release of 25 child detainees
- Created a youth movement of over 400 youth across 5 continents